Discover the situation in France as for the Covid-19 epidemic on Thursday January 7, 2021. Where is the Covid-19 epidemic at in France? According to the latest report, 283 people died, and 25,379 new cases (data not complete). Curfew and postponed reopening for cultural venues have been implemented. Discover the latest measures instated, the news as for the reopenings and cancelations, breakthroughs on cures and the latest data and reports.
Here is the live situation in France as of Thursday January 7, 2021 as for the Covid-19 pandemic. Restrictions, cancelations, schools, aids, and other measures, here are the latest news and the main news to retain.
The latest news are to be discovered below the main news.
In France, according to the latest report from the health authorities as for the COVID-19 pandemic, about 2,75,618 cases have been reported naming 25,379 in 24h.
This Wednesday January 6, 2021: 66,565 people have died including 283 deaths in 24 hours have been reported. The death toll in nursing homes states 20,302 deaths. And 46,263 (+283 in 24h) people have died in hospitals.
The positivity rate has reached 5.4% confirming the epidemic is escalating. First vaccine injections have started.
In France, 24,741 (-163) people are at the hospital, including 2,616 (-9) serious cases in ICU.
According to Santé Publique France data, 100 departments are currently vulnerable. Among the regions the virus is spreading the most, four display an incidence rate above the domestic average around 139 for the past seven days: Grand Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. With an incidence rate of 223 for December 12 to 18, 2020, the Grand Est region seems to be the one with the highest incidence rate in France.
- Île-de-France: 4,832 people hospitalized, and 45 deaths in 24h
- Grand Est: 2,970 people hopistalized, and 40 deaths in 24h
- Hauts de France: 2,373 people hospitalized, and 29 deaths in 24h
- Auvergne Rhône Alpes: 4,156 people hospitalized, and 45 deaths in 24h
- Provence-Alpes Côte d’Azur: 2,470 people hospitalized, and 28 deaths in 24h
- Brittany: 525 people hospitalized, and 8 deaths in 24h
- Normandy: 1,072 people hospitalized, and 9 deaths in 24h
- Nouvelle-Aquitaine: 1,111 people hospitalized, and 17 deaths in 24h
- Pays de la Loire: 882 people hospitalized, and 14 deaths in 24h
- Occitanie: 1,210 people hospitalized, and 19 deaths in 24h
- Centre-Val de Loire: 893 people hospitalized, and 15 deaths in 24h
- Bourgogne-Franche-Comté: 1,803 people hospitalized, and 21 deaths in 24h