See now how to instal facebook pixel on wordpress
Struggling with how to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress? If you’re running any type of Facebook ads, using Facebook Pixel is essential to help you optimize your ad campaigns.
In short, Facebook Pixel is like Google Analytics for Facebook ads! It lets you better target your ads and see how effective they are at turning clicks into sales.
But if you’re not super tech-savvy, it can be a little difficult to actually figure out how to get Facebook Pixel up and running with WordPress, right?
To help you out, I’m going to give you a beginner-friendly tutorial for two different methods:
- With manual code — this is a lightweight option that helps you add the Facebook Pixel code and nothing else.
- With a plugin — the advantage of this method is that you can create custom audiences and conversion goals from inside your WordPress dashboard. This plugin is especially great for eCommerce stores because it has dedicated WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads integrations.
If you’re planning to use custom audiences and conversion goals, I recommend that you use the plugin method. But if you just want to use Facebook Pixel to create Lookalike audiences and other more basic features, the manual code implementation is the simplest solution for your needs.
How to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress manually
To manually add Facebook Pixel to WordPress, you have to complete two steps:
- Create a new Facebook Pixel at the Facebook website (if you haven’t already)
- Insert the tracking code from that Facebook pixel into the <head> section of your WordPress site
It’s nothing too complicated — I promise! Let’s get started…
Step 1: Create new Facebook Pixel via Facebook Ads Manager
To get started, go to the Pixels tab in Facebook Ads Manager. You can go straight there by clicking this link.
If you haven’t already created a Pixel (you can only create one Pixel per account), you can click the green button to Create a Pixel:
A box should appear that asks for a name — then all you need to do is click Create.
After that, you should see some options for how to add Facebook pixel to your website. Choose the Manually Install the Code Yourself option:
Step 2: Add Facebook Pixel tracking code to WordPress <head> section
While there are a number of different ways that you can add code snippets like this to WordPress, I think the simplest method is a free plugin called Insert Headers and Footers:
- Install and activate the free Insert Headers and Footers plugin
- Go to Settings → Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste the Facebook Pixel tracking code into the Scripts in Header box
- Save your changes